Saturday, August 7, 2010

Buttons and Bling





Did some shopping on Etsy (my favorite source for wedding goodness) last night and made a couple purchases that I'm pretty excited about.

1) Found these vintage rhinestone screw-back earrings from ThisBlueBird. They're from the 1950s and are exactly the right kind of sparkle I want to go with my dress. Since I'm going to have a big headpiece and already have bling on my dress, I think these earrings will be my only jewelry.




And then we get to the buttons. I decided that to make the wedding as fabulously vintage chic as I can, I'm going to use buttons as decorative elements. Not only do they look great, but they are a lot cheaper and lighter (for hauling down to MX) than we considering with some other decor. I bought a little over 1.5 lbs from Roxy724. Ok, maybe a little more than that. Here are some pictures of my inspiration of how I'd like to use them.

No comments: